Platforms Delivery Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Digital team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources. As a Platforms Delivery Manager you will lead the global platform delivery team based out of India. Handle product ownership, production support, Business System Analysts, User Acceptance Testing and Automation for the systems in the content eco system. Your responsibility includes delivery of testing services with badged in-house testing team and a contractor team for the content eco system. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a phenomenal level of flexibility to absorb ad-hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. The key objective is to build and handle applications and systems in the content eco system that meets the needs of evolving business users and end customers. One of the key expectations is to look for synergies of having the product ownership, production support, testing services etc associated with the platform all in one accountable group. The successful candidate will be self motivated, with very strong functional knowledge coupled with deep technical understanding. Must have ability to track, analyze and measure project progress and report status to our partners. It is also critical you understand the larger ecosystem and build context to be able to identify and flag opportunities for improvement. You will also be responsible for recruiting, retaining and the performance management of a high performing team. You will be part of the India leadership team for AppleCare Digital team in India and will have the opportunity to contribute to the larger AppleCare Digital team. The job is located in Bangalore, India.
- Product roadmap management
- Business requirement management
- Business partner management
- Collaboration with IS&T partners to build, deliver and handle product.
- Manual\Automation testing on AppleCare Digital applications (Content eco system)
- Experience with executing automation testing process is a plus
- Partner communication
- Automation road map
- Develop and drive strategy to ensure we have outstanding testing practices.
- Track and monitor project progress
- Provide project updates, share and coordinate daily workload
- Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports
- Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution
- Review and analyze test scripts
- Should have been a people manager directly responsible for developing team performance
- Experience in running medium to large Agile projects
- Experience with cross device testing (iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac)
- Ability to work with technology and grasp new concepts quickly
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Web Browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Flexibility to work during off hours to engage with the team in US. - Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills - Strong planning and multi-tasking ability - High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen - Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines - Creative and analytical problem solving - Multicultural communication skills - Demonstrable ability to handle deadlines and meet cost constraints - Proficient at running multiple efforts simultaneously - Ability to adapt and be flexible - Excellent organizational and documentation skills - Teammate with proven flexibility!
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering with over 12 years or Masters Degree with over 10 years experience in different product roles like product management, BSA, testing, development etc. - Full understanding, and hands-on experience with Program Development Life Cycle - Knowledge of Apple products is a plus