UAT\QA - Testing Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Digital team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources. As a QA\UAT Testing Delivery Manager you will be responsible for the global offshore testing delivery team based out of India. Your responsibility includes delivery of testing services with badged in-house testing team and a contractor team. You will handle task delivery in line with the needs of our partners, on time and within quality. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. Responsible for testing of all of our applications and systems deployed globally within the team. This role will also be responsible for all automation projects in the testing and digital operations space. As a manager of the testing team you will also be responsible for developing and driving strategy to evolve the testing processes. The successful candidate will be self motivated, technically very strong and perform rigorous testing on applications required by our partners before applications go live. Must have ability to track, analyze and measure project progress and report status to our partners. It is also critical you understand the larger ecosystem and build context to be able to identify and flag opportunities for improvement. You will also be responsible for recruiting, retaining and the performance management of a high performing team. You will also be part of the India leadership team for AppleCare Digital team in India and will have the opportunity to contribute to the larger AppleCare Digital team. The job is located in Bangalore, India.
- Manual\Automation testing on AppleCare Digital applications
- Experience with executing automation testing process is a plus
- Partner communication
- Automation road map
- Develop and drive strategy to ensure we have outstanding testing practices.
- Track and monitor project progress - reports to client and Apple team
- Provide project updates, share and coordinate daily workload with Apple lead and project team
- Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports
- Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution
- Review and analyze test scripts
- Should have been a people manager directly responsible for developing team performance
- Experience in handling medium to large Agile projects
- Experience with cross device testing (iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac)
- Knowledge of security & privacy measure
- Ability to work with technology and grasp new concepts quickly
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Web Browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Flexibility to work during off hours to engage with the team in US. - Ability to think & execute testing from a user’s perspective - Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills - Strong planning and multi-tasking ability - High level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen - Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines - Creative and analytical problem solving - Multicultural communication skills - Demonstrable ability to handle deadlines and meet cost constraints - Proficient at running multiple efforts simultaneously - Ability to adapt and be flexible - Excellent organizational and documentation skills - Team player with proven flexibility
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering with 12 years or Masters Degree with 10 years experience in QA Testing. - Should have People Manger experience for at least 3-4 years.