Head of Marketing Communications, India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The Head of Marketing Communications will be a key member of Apple’s Marketing team in India alongside Product Marketing and PR teams, working with key partners in Sales, Retail and Services as well as the global Marcom team headquartered in Cupertino, California. The role reports to Apple India’s Head of Marketing. The ideal person will love great ideas, and be a skilled practitioner of the creative process in the service of solving marketing and business issues. Be strategic and help craft complex ideas and then simplify them. Be an effective communicator both through informal networks and more formal communication mechanisms. An excellent leader of people that is able to motivate, retain and develop forward-thinking and creative team members Great teammate with the ability to build and use our internal and external alliances, work creatively and cooperatively, and respond immediately to issues in a quick moving environment Lead a team to deliver excellence, build trust with individuals and adjacent teams within Apple, build an inclusive culture and be a champion for doing what’s right. Be operationally minded, being able to take things apart and put them back together in more effective ways. Be someone who can dive deep into the details, but able to set goals and present a strategic vision. A voracious learner who is curious about the business and how our product have an effect on people’s lives. Someone who loves to travel. Energetic and patient and able to work within an environment of secrecy and confidentiality. And, someone who really enjoys amazing creative work, building a world-class team, and is really good at getting things done.
- We are looking for a team builder with an inclusive, collaborative management style that engenders trust, develops credibility and elevates morale.
- You will be able to quickly gain the respect and support of the wider India and WW Marcom leadership teams and other employees, by demonstrating marketing expertise and personal attributes such as good judgment, business insight, balance, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, integrity and trustworthiness.
- You should be a well-established marketing communications executive who is able to adapt to the culture of a dynamic company easily and apply personal judgments and creativity to reinforce and build Apple’s brand equity in India.
- You should also have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision and philosophy of the company, both internally and externally. Someone with great strategic and creative instincts.
- Ideally, we're looking for someone with a 15 – 20 year track record in high-visibility marketing / advertising roles, with more than 8-10 years of consumer marketing experience in a relevant industry, ideally coupled with time in a senior role at an advertising agency.
- You have a consistent record of leading and creating elite marketing communications for a highly respected global consumer products or services company.
- You'll know how to effectively share knowledge cross-functionally to optimize resources, and use knowledge to gain advantage.
- Experience in digital / social media and capability to analyse, optimise and execute the customer journey a requirement.
- You will manage a highly hardworking team who are responsible for planning and executing Marcom's strategy across all customer-facing touch points, including advertising, digital / interactive, channel and retail. - You'll execute the marketing strategy and communications across India, and provide constructive feedback / input to our marketing leaders in Cupertino on Apple’s local marketing efforts based your deep understanding of local market conditions and consumer behaviors. - You and your team will lead all demand generation activities, working with Apple’s managed partners, marketplaces, distributors, major retailers and carriers to craft and deploy partner-led campaigns and advertising promoting Apple products and services. - You'll lead our product presentation across all channels of distribution to ensure brand consistency and effectiveness, in partnership with India Product Marketing. - You'll be responsible for driving regional advertising / origination campaigns; develop and implement systems for identifying key audiences and communicating with them in ways that build productive, positive awareness and relationships. - You take ownership of external agency relationships ensuring our partners agencies are creating the best work possible for Apple in India. - Internally, you'll build key relationships with the Sales organization to ensure Marcom priorities / activities align with sales strategy, customer needs and market shifts. Partner with the Product Marketing and Corporate Communications teams to plan and execute new product launches, momentum initiatives as well as quarterly and annual marketing plans. - In collaboration with other Geo Marcom Leads, you'll share standard methodologies as well as present common market opportunities and challenges to WW Leadership.
Education & Experience