Cloud Database Platform Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Would you like to be a part of one of the world’s fastest growing data warehouses for the world’s largest company? Does the prospect of being challenged with complex database design and optimisation problems excite you? The Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team within Apple's IS&T organisation has a very large Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to support analytical and reporting needs of hundreds of global Apple users. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, experienced and results-oriented data-warehousing Architect to work on our EDW platform to provide a scalable, high-performance and active data-warehousing platform.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Good hands on experience on Java/Scala/Python
- Excellent working knowledge in Snowflake/BigQuery or similar platforms
- Deep understanding of AWS/GCP/AZURE tool suites and capabilities
- Solid understanding of all aspects of a SaaS stack and associated technologies (Network, OS, Web, App, DB, Storage and security)
- Expertise in building, managing and migrating SaaS/PaaS enterprise applications on Cloud native applications(AWS/GCP/AZURE) at large scale
- Expertise in RDBMS (Teradata/Oracle/MySQL etc.),PL/SQL, Data modeling & ETL/ELT
- Sound knowledge in performance tuning, capacity planning and sizing
- Good DS-Algo, design patterns, OOPs fundamental & Problem solving skills
- Good experience in Bigdata ecosystem( Spark/Hadoop/Cassandra) and distributed systems(Kafka)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of BI tools like Business Objects, Tableau, Looker etc.
- Act as an inspiring leader to create awareness regarding the value proposition of new and upcoming features
We seek a driven, highly motivated, innovative Cloud Database Platform Engineer with a consistent track record of designing and leading large, complex data warehouses. You will chip in as a thought leader and provide strategies and solution engineering around Cloud native application development, migration from on-prem and scale. You will review platform/application/database designs/deployments to ensure that they are optimised for performance, scalability and champion in automation. The role involves close interaction with development, product, database administrators and support teams. This role will provide second-level support to address any platform wide performance and stability issues.
Education & Experience
B.E/B. Tech. degree or higher in a related field