Project Manager, WW Operations Business Process Re-Engineering
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager responsible for the overall development and execution of the business support process/crisis management, focused on SAP, Planning, GBI and related boundary systems. This includes working with our IS&T applications, infrastructure, business and project teams to do crisis management, follow up on preventive actions, communicate down times, impact assessment, and reporting.
- Previous experience in production support with monitoring and proactive support system/application capacity planning and analysis, support the BCP strategy, attention to detail, and ability to influence and collaborate across the organization.
- Conceptual understanding of multi-tiered and web-based information systems architecture.
- 7-9 years experience in a production application support role troubleshooting, analyzing and providing root cause analysis.
- 8+ years of overall experience in working with SAP in large multi-functional organizations.
- Ability to communicate with our business partners on the status of production issues and resolution strategy.
- Understanding of Infrastructural technologies relevant for the business support of application development (e.g. databases, server, etc).
- Ability to build a collaborative, adaptive and matrixed team to provide process improvements and process documentations. Will require very tight integration with regional production support leads and/or WW.
- Ability to navigate &influence and negotiate with all levels of the organization, business, vendors, and cross functional teams.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, communication, and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills required to serve diverse customer base and deal effectively with issues.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Development methodologies.
- Preferred Technical Skills
As Project Manager you will partner with Business, IS&T, BPR and other support teams to coordinate and facilitate the scheduling, incident triage and timely resolution of production P0/P1 issues, including sending out Global Alert. We seek your expertise in looking for opportunities for improvement to support process, using monthly ticketing reporting. - Lead the NPI/Peak Events End to End Scale testing across our internal and external partners - Invoke crisis management process and follow up on issues to ensure that root-cause and corrective action is provided. - Perform problem coordination for major problems and issues. Act as communications hub. Set up and moderate conference calls. Handle functional escalations. - Utilize available data to identify and highlight trends/root cause working with IS&T application teams to resolve long term or persistent problems. - Work with IS&T to provide the required management information on a regular basis indicating performance against agreed KPIs and SLA's to feed into the regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly review. - Ensure a smooth handover and implementation of new functionality, develop strong working relationships with other application support teams and participate in end-to-end Operations review and data flows across different business areas. - Ensure early engagement in the application project lifecycle process and collaborate with the project team in defining business support models consistent with defined overall production/application support strategy and approach. - We seek your effective change leadership in driving continuous improvements and innovation in the business focus production support area in the BPR Operations group. - Partner with IS&T to proactively respond to trends to avert future incidents. - Work along with IS&T and Quality Services teams to ensure submitted changes have undergone appropriate test and quality control before release into the technical environment and the appropriate change controls are raised for every in-scope application change to protect the IS&T environment against unauthorized changes. - Provide single POC for high priority incidents, ensuring these are communicated to senior management, business and support teams via correct process, within the time required. - Support the business activities around New Product Introductions and major events in addition to scalability planning. Lead system scale initiatives to prepare for high volume events and seasonal peaks. - Recommend tools and/or processes to streamline Incident and Crisis Management processes. - Act as the main point of contact for business production support for Incident Management, Issues, mitigation, and lead/manage/mentor the regional Business Support and Systems Readiness team members. - Handle downtime communications and business impacts (i.e. infrastructure upgrade, Disaster Recovery activities, application/systems downtime, etc). - Be responsible for the Systems Enhancement Requests (ER) process and prioritization. - Seek out automation opportunities and implement automated solutions around all routine/repeatable tasks. - Using an IT service management or CRM system for supervising technical support cases. - Using a knowledge-based articles and complete documentation on processes being supervised and handled. - Ability to work with incident tracking tool and system health monitoring
Education & Experience
7-10 years experience in leading large global technical projects Bachelor’s degree PMI/PMP certification preferred Experience with ITIL methodology
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail, and ability to influence and collaborate horizontally and vertically
- Experience working on projects for teams based globally
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and multi tasking