Baseband Audio Analysis Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The candidate will be responsible for debugging system level baseband performance and stability issues reported from certification, lab, field and livability tests. Focus would be on driving continuous performance and stability improvements by working closely with internal development team, radio stack vendor and other cross functional teams.
- Minimum 2~5 years hands-on experience in Cellular Systems engineering/Systems analysis/Debugging role.
- Deep understanding of Audio architecture, drivers, end to end protocol and experience with root-cause analysis is desired
- Strong understanding of LTE, VoLTE is required
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Crash analysis and active participation in stability of modem
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Python is a plus.
- Prior experience with debugging on Intel Chipset issues is preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
In this role, you will be improving the cellular performance of Apple products. You will extensively work on debugging baseband audio functional issues and Crashes, debug stability issues reported from MTBF, Field and Functional test campaigns by doing in-depth log analysis using various tools and code walk-throughs. In addition, you will work closely with internal development teams, radio stack vendors, certification and field test teams, and carrier support teams to fix issues. Highly self-motivated individuals with a penchant for working in a fast paced environment is needed. Prior experience with baseband chipset vendors is a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelors of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering or related field required Masters in CE, EE or CS preferred.