Siri Localisation Quality Engineer - Indian English
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Apple's Siri International QA Team is seeking high-energy and detail-oriented QA Engineer who can play a central role in ensuring the best Siri Experience for our India customers. We are looking for someone with the experience and ambition to improve Siri in India and to make it more efficient for our India users to get along with Apple's devices using their voice. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Excellent Indian English language proficiency
- High command of spoken and written English.
- Experience with NLP and linguistics
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proven bug detection, isolation and regression skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and frequent context switching.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results on time.
- Extensive QA experience. Experience building and/or scripting test automation.
- Experience developing Apple software using Xcode. Experience working with large scale client and server side software features.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in Apple and in supporting our India users.
- Track record of contributions to test automation efforts.
- Personal responsibility for ensuring the highest quality Indian English Siri experience - Testing hands-on the new features in Siri. - Interacting with Language Engineers to ensure accuracy is preserved across languages. - Investigating and scoping software bugs. - Escalating key quality issues and driving resolution to issues. - Extending linguistic and domain coverage, and writing test cases for new usage scenarios.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.