Delivery Manager - Engineering & UAT
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Digital team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources. As a Delivery Manager - Engineering & UAT you will be responsible for the global offshore testing delivery team and Rapid application\Utilities development team based out of India. Your responsibility includes delivery of testing services with badged in-house testing team and a contractor team. You will handle task delivery in line with the needs of our partners, on time and within quality. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. This role will be responsible for testing of all of our applications and systems deployed globally within in the AppleCare Digital team. This role is responsible to build and lead a Rapid application\ utilities development team to support AppleCare Digital team worldwide. This would require a demeanor to be forward-thinking and operate as a startup. This role will also be responsible for all automation projects in the testing and digital operations space. As a manager you will also be responsible for developing and driving strategy to evolve the testing processes. The successful candidate will be self motivated, technically very strong. He\She will drive architecture decisions for applications and perform meticulous testing on applications required by our partners before applications go live. Must have ability to supervise, analyze and measure project progress and report status to our Partners. It is also critical you understand the larger ecosystem and build context to be able to identify and flag opportunities for improvement. You will also handle hiring, retaining and performance management of the team. You will also be part of the India leadership team for AppleCare Digital in India and will have the opportunity to contribute to the larger AppleCare Digital team. The job is located in Bangalore, India.
- Should have been a people manager directly responsible for developing team performance
- Experience in leading medium to large Agile projects
- Experience with cross device testing (iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac)
- Knowledge of security & privacy measure
- Sophisticated presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Web Browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Solid understanding and experience with SDLC
- Rapid application\ utilities development - Automation road map - Develop and drive strategy to ensure we have outstanding testing practices. - Supervise and monitor project progress - reports to client and Apple team - Provide project updates, share and coordinate daily workload with Apple lead and project team - Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports - Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution - Review and analyze test scripts - Flexibility to work during off hours to engage with the team in US. - Ability to work as consultant to understand business processes and design applications\ utilities to harness opportunities for business improvements - Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills - Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very exacting timelines - Creative and analytical problem solving - Multicultural communication skills - Demonstrable ability to lead to targets and meet cost constraints - Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering with 12 years or Masters Degree with 10 years experience in QA Testing and Application development. Should have People Manger experience for atleast 5-7 years. - Full understanding, and hands-on experience with Program Development Life Cycle - Defect management and reporting systems knowledge - Knowledge of Apple products is a plus