Lead Software Engineer in Test, Apple Maps
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
We are looking for a motivated and technical leader who is passionate about testing software, committed to results and cares about the quality of our products. As a Lead Software Engineer in Test at Apple Maps, you'll head a team passionate about delivering a great experience on Pipeline Editing Tools. You not only know how to conceptualize and develop prototypes to test multiple design and architectural concepts, but you also recruit and hire rockstars to grow the team and take it to the next level. You should be at ease working in a fast-paced, collaborative global environment in which developing and cultivating partnerships with multi-functional teams is key to long term success. You will need to have a start up mindset, always looking for creative ways to take on problems and increase the team’s impact at Apple. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- 12+ years of consumer software product quality assurance experience including test planning, implementation and execution
- Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or BS+equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical lead/architect position in test engineering teams supporting mobile & web applications.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQA processes and methodologies; expertise in test planning, test case management, code coverage and defect analysis
- Proficient programming skills in any object oriented languages
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and problem solving skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast moving and fast growing product development environment
- Extensive experience with design and development of automation testing frameworks
- Experience in testing client/server architecture
- Experience in building and managing remote QA teams in a fast paced product development compan
Customer Focused: Passionate about user-focused design, high-quality technology, and what we can do to improve it Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best engineers Exec Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience Priority Driven: At ease working in a continually changing, dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution Understand and practice a balanced approach to managing the team and multiple projects Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate close interaction with global development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field