Financial Analyst - Tax Specialist
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The purpose of the role is to have a dedicated resource to assist with tax advisory and projects for Apple’s India business. The ideal candidate will operate as a business partner and be comfortable working closely with various India business teams in order to gain a deep understanding of the India business vision and model. The candidate will work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, help acquire cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions. The candidate is expected to collaborate effectively and to function as a technical tax business advisor and drive the implementation of tax mentorship.
- Minimum 5-6 years Tax experience in Corporate Tax and Transaction Taxes, preferably with significant exposure gained with Big 4. Proven experience would be an added advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment without close supervision, and responds quickly to requests from management and business divisions.
- Strong attention to detail with proven track record to manage projects to closure.
- Must have strong tax research skills and ability to provide tax recommendations on sophisticated and ambiguous issues in light of commercial realities.
- Must be a team-player with strong organisational, documentation, oral and written communication skills, and proficiency in Excel
The job role includes Assistance in provision of tax advice (both income tax and GST/indirect tax) on new business initiatives, supply chain and legal entity structure, including issue identification, research and implementation of planning initiatives. Assist in managing audits and queries by tax authorities, managing transfer pricing (including documentation requirements in compliance with local regulations). Provide Tax support to various business divisions like Treasury, Legal, Finance, Operations.
Education & Experience