Display Architect - Platform Architecture
In this role, you will be interfacing with software and hardware architects, designers and validation engineers from our software design, silicon design and display engineering teams to develop end to end architectures for Apple displays. You will be responsible for defining end-to-end Display Architectures, including overall system architecture for mobile displays. You will be also responsible for defining the display architecture for a large application processor chip (System on a Chip, or SOC), including display processing algorithms and display pipelines, memory interfaces, and display interfaces. You will have responsibilities spanning various aspects of the design of the related IP, including: * Architect display systems, including: display pipeline, security, performance, memory and panel interfaces * Invent and evaluate new display processing algorithms suitable for hardware implementations, such as high quality image scaling, back-light control, local contrast enhancement, and color management * Prototype new systems through models (Matlab, C) * Work with chip architecture, software and display engineering teams to define, document and implement display processing pipelines and interfaces
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years experience in various functions of the display system architecture:
- Strong understanding of SoC architecture
- Experience working with different display technologies, such as LCD, OLED, etc.
- Experience with various display link interfaces such as LVDS, MIPI, DP
- Experience working on aspects of display pipeline including image scaling, color management, back-light control, contrast enhancement
- Experience writing hardware architecture specifications
- Experience developing C/C++ bit accurate models for hardware validation
- Expert knowledge of signal processing and its applications to display processing
- Experience with RTL development and FPGA prototyping preferred
At Apple, our Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to design how all of our technologies work in unison. You’ll drive development of our renowned system-on-a-chip architecture and develop algorithms for platform power, performance, and thermal management. You’ll develop forward-looking prototype systems as well as build and deploy software development tools that will be distributed to the Apple engineering community. Join this team, and you’ll help build the seamless technology experiences we’re known for worldwide.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. / M.Sc. is required