Sales Planning & Operations Manager, India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Sales and Business Development
Here at Apple, the people don’t just create products – they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, in many ways, is the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple expects innovation in every part of the company, and the SP&O team meets that challenge by ensuring the seamless execution of our fixture program deployment, life cycle management, training and advocacy engagement. You are responsible for leading and motivating a small team who support achieving sales strategies in a rapidly growing market. You partner with a central SP&O organisation and geo peers, work multi-functionally both within India and London and manage external vendor and agency partners. We are looking for someone who can inspire and empower a team, dynamic and be passionate about the Apple customer experience. Managing executional aspects of Apple’s customer experience and ensuring they are consistently delivered according to plan and drive operational optimisation – are key to the success of this role. The job is located in Delhi, India.
- The ideal candidate is dynamic, intelligent, tech savvy, and possesses the following competencies and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to align operational needs with staffing/training programs
- Overall experience of 15 years and minimum 10 years experience in a program management or business consulting capacity
- Prior experience in similar role in consumer electronics, telecom, IT industry would be relevant.
- Solid project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret needs, and present concepts and requirements, either verbally or in written format
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum principles, learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, design of development plans, test design principles, e-learning and other emerging learning technologies
- Good communication skills including ability to work in a team environment
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
- Passionate about training and developing others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, embrace change enthusiastically, while working on multiple projects
- Interpersonal savvy when interacting with internal employees and external partners
- Ability to work independently
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust!
Manage and drive channel retail operations and customer experience at point of sale across various routes to markets at large scale in a complex and diverse Indian retail landscape. Can do, proactive, delivery and results focused, you drive and execute global and local programs aligned to regional business plans and WW strategy for all routes to market — Retail, Telco, Education and Enterprise Deliver seamless execution across all areas of responsibility, with a constant focus on optimisation and operational excellence Deliver working processes and project management frameworks and monitor progress to deliver Innovate on ways to enhance customer experience at POS, both with ground up initiatives and incorporating EMEIA / WW thinking. Manage an experienced SP&O team and provide them clear direction and roadmap towards both strategic and near term activities. Be a strong contributing member of the country leadership team, develop strong peer engagements and provide constructive views on topics spanning the India business. Motivate and drive people to successfully deliver, even in adverse conditions or with limited resource Provide input to regional strategy on all program development and ongoing management, including tools to operationally manage and report on performance. Constructively challenge sales teams and regional SP&O whilst ensuring operational excellence of programs for India customers Effectively build relationships within a matrix environment at both local and central levels outside India.
Education & Experience
- Relevant tertiary education or degree holder would be beneficial.