Supply Demand Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
India SDM will be the voice of Apple’s worldwide customers to the production and operations teams. As the bridge between Apple’s headquarters and Apple’s Asia Operations team and OEM partners, this person will develop, communicate, and execute end-to- end product demand and supply plans across all channels of distribution in over 80 countries for a current or future product line. Product line assignments will be made at the time of hire in any of Apple’s multi-billion dollar businesses, including Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Wearable and Accessories.
- 10+ years’ experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry
- Prior experience in Sales & Operation with supply and demand planning is strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel, SAP/ERP background preferred. Tableau or Gurobi solver experience is a plus.
- In this role, you will combine a working understanding of outstanding supply chain practices, strong problem solving capabilities, and business savvy.
- You are encouraged to exert thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization - should be a strong teammate and communicator.
- Working with partners throughout the organization to seek opportunities for work process efficiency improvements.
- You should be comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Broad knowledge of ERP and supply chain optimizations industry tools such as SAP. Six Sigma Black Belts is helpful.
- Strong understanding in heuristic and non-linear optimization methods. Have experiences in predictive and optimization modelling, Gurobi Solver is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and root cause results from thousands of intersection data. Have experience in crafting and using applications such as Tableau is preferred.
Be the supply and demand representative in India for forecast, inventory, and multi-channel sell through analysis, able to bridge biz strategy to operational supply chain management. Be part of the global process to define the launch strategy including launch target and execution plan of new product introductions and managing the NPI E2E daily planning to ensure smooth product transitions. Drive the execution of the weekly and quarterly supply plans that meet Apple’s financial objectives. Evaluate risks. Plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. Partner with Apple Operation team to plan factory capacity requirements based on demand projections, call out the risks and provide prioritization during constraint. Partner with the material and global procurement teams to allocate constrained components, ensure Apple pack request and customer commits is able to be secured under an optimized allocation. Coordinate with OEM and Apple Operations / Logistics teams to ensure a flawless execution plan through Pick Pack and Ship to serve a world-class customer experience. lead product and biz review and recommended actions to Asia Procurement Operation executive management team on a weekly basis. Well-verse in Lean/Work Process Improvement methods such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Loss elimination analysis . Have experienced in leading supply & demand planning work process improvement projects and able to identify opportunities for work process efficiency improvements.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience will be considered. APICS is a plus.