Technical Program Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new insights have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple seeks an individual with the skills to outstanding superior iPhone quality in the market. You will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the quality systems for the iPhone product. This role works closely with Apple multi-functional teams and contract manufacturers and will own and handle manufacturing quality. Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills are important to succeed in this role.
- 10 years technical experience (quality and/or engineering) supporting consumer electronics, preferably in handheld phones
- Experience in product quality management and systems/or operations
- Good understanding of electronic assembly processes and testing methodologies
- Experience and understanding of test and assembly fixtures, manufacturing equipment and processes is required (includes manual, semi-automatic and automatic fixtures/equipment)
- Knowledge of statistics, and in depth knowledge of quality methodologies such as design , statistical process control, sampling strategies, FMEA, GR&R.
- Experience in failure analysis
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and interpretation.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills, with ability to understand and concisely communicate issues, are required.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced, technically multifaceted environment
- High energy and highly motivated individual.
- Specific knowledge of key technologies used in mobile handheld products.
- Experience with cosmetic quality management, where cosmetic quality is as critical as functionality.
- Experience or knowledge with reliability engineering and supplier quality engineering
- Written and verbal proficiency in English required.
Lead all in region quality related issues for iPhones made by Apple’s manufacturing partners. This person will need to develop a close working relationship with our manufacturing partners. Provide leadership and guidance to partners to ensure that Apple iPhones are manufactured in accordance with apple specifications and meet apple quality standards Use production, reliability and field data to coordinate, control and improve product quality to increase yield and reduce the field return rate. Help develop and execute product quality plans and systems, and take care of quality bring up activities for new products. We want someone who can own the product quality at the sites, working with onsite engineering and production teams. Perform audits at the manufacturing factory, compliance to Apple specification, quality standards and SOPs. Work closely with manufacturing partners both in region and in other regions to understand quality related factory issues and issues related to material. Aggregate and interpret data from multiple sources to drive decisions. Identification and prioritization of issues and improvement activities. Implement systems and processes to quickly identify root cause, containment and make corrections. Follow through on improvements and corrective actions. Ensure lessons learned from prior projects are used to improve the quality management process, and leads to improved product. Work with commodity managers and quality engineers to ensure component quality and reliability Communicate quality updates to executives and the larger multi-functional teams This position can require frequent international travel, up to 30%.
Education & Experience
BS Engineering (EE, ME, IE), MS preferred.