Data Engineer - Social
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Digital team is looking for an outstanding data engineer who is interested in identifying, crafting, and developing analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to AppleCare Digital support operations. AppleCare has a tremendous amount of digital data, and we have just begun the exploration in the areas of Social Media Analytics vis-a-vis sentiment analysis, contextual data mining, social listening and data annotation for Apple products. The candidate will work with the digital readiness team and other digital business leaders to help identify viable opportunities and then implement end-to-end analytical solutions. The role requires both a broad knowledge of digital data (Social Media, SEO, Communities) and analytics/ML tools & techniques. The job is located in Bangalore, India
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience with data engineering, data visualization, analytics and reporting in the areas of digital media or related field.
- Proficiency in Shell, Python (Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, NLTK, Scipy, Numpy etc) & SQL for data analysis.
- Experience in writing queries and grasp of relational databases (MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc) & some experience in NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Neo4j etc).
- Proficiency in building Tableau dashboards for larger data sets.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning quickly.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in monitoring social media content and identifying key trends across various social media channels like Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Hands-on experience in writing queries to fetch data from third-party API’s like Sprinklr, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, etc.
- Experience in building robust data pipelines that are efficient, scalable and solves business problems.
- Exposure to Statistics/ NLP/ ML/ DL methodologies ( Regression, clustering, Classification, Neural networks) in the social space is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Cloud platforms like AWS (S3, EC2) or GCP or Azure equivalent.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines, architectures, and improve data reliability, efficiency and quality. - Ability to mine and massage data from multiple distributed systems, to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points. - Collaborate very closely with the Machine Learning team to build scalable analytical solutions. - Design, create and deliver digital KPI reports and building highly effective visual (Tableau, Qlikview) dashboards.. - Work on ad-hoc reports that focuses on emerging digital/social media topics and maintain clear, concise reporting on the same.
Education & Experience
MBA in Digital marketing or Business Analytics or B.Tech/M.Tech/M.S. in related field with 4+ years experience in a data engineering focussed role along with exposure to digital/text analytics