Engineering Manager Cloud Infrastructure & SRE - Ad Platforms
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monazite their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. As a result of our ever growing scale, we’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead Cloud Infrastructure and SRE team. You will lead the team that develops, rolls out and manages the runtime infrastructure components both in Private and Public Cloud to run containerised and non containerised workloads at scale and enable application developers to deliver fast and consistent. You will also own the Site Reliability Engineering team that is responsible for reliability and day to day operations of 100’s micro services, business critical data applications and APIs.
- 15 years of proven experience in software/infrastructure/cloud engineering with 5+ years in a managerial/leadership role
- Experience of leading Cloud, Infrastructure and SRE teams in a fast paced, product-focused environment
- Strong technical background with expertise and capabilities of having design and architecture discussions with the peer engineering leads.
- Past experience in running on premise big data infrastructure like Hadoop, Kafka, Solr, Database and Kubernetes.
- Experience in running large scale multi region public cloud infrastructure with expertise in capacity and cost optimisation.
- In depth knowledge of continuous deployment strategies, containers, logging, performance instrumentation, supervising standard methodologies.
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good with people, ability to negotiate.
We are seeking a seasoned engineering leader that has deep understanding of cloud native architecture, micro-services, data management principles, big data technologies, distributed system, security and has an attitude to build platform capabilities. You will lead a strong team of highly technical managers and engineers and work closely with your peer in US to build common cloud capabilities, CI/CD, telemetry platform, on premise data infrastructure like Hadoop, Kafka, Solr, database, as well as reliably operating multitude of services and data applications across multiple products 12x7. You will also be responsible in improving security footprint, operations excellence, observability, capacity planning, cost optimisation across our fleet in private and public cloud spread over multiple datacenter and regions. As a hands-on engineering leader you will build the road map for your team, set priorities, ensure technical direction, remove obstacles and help your organisation operate efficiently to reach its full potential and do the best work of their lives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects. Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.