Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. To support our advertising products, we are looking for a BI - Data Analytics engineer. The candidate will be working on Product Analytics & Reporting initiatives dealing with sophisticated multi-dimensional data sets at scale.
- 8+ years of strong experience is design and development of data analytics solutions.
- Possess outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities and judgment.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize and influence data driven decisions.
- Data Visualization - Experience in one or more Data Visualization tools, excellent knowledge in tableau dashboard design and visualisation.
- Programming - Hands-on experience of R/Python and experience in using different Statistics/ML libraries available.
- Predictive insights - Build analytical solutions that enable us to find and quantify problems fast and to track them through to resolution.
- Data engineering - Hands-on in SQL and experienced in working with RDBMS for data extraction and data read/write. Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals (architectural layers & schema types). Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive).
- Experience working independently with stakeholders to translate between data and business needs.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of advertising industry is a plus.
As a member of BI Data Analytics team, you will be closely working with the Engineering, Product and Business Operations teams within Advertising Platforms group in meeting data reporting and analytical needs. In this role you will be responsible for - Developing and delivering dashboards, actionable insights and reports in support of rapid decision-making. Writing optimised SQL scripts to query & prepare data sets for analytical needs. Understand the trends to establish relationship between the raw events and key business metrics and recommend innovative ways of analysing data and come up with the right set of measures for overall product health. Use your expertise in business analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers to develop a deep understanding of your area of responsibility and how it connects with the business as a whole. Ensuring the accuracy and performance of key business metrics. Suggest process improvements and lead initiatives by working with cross functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required, MS in Computer Science strongly preferred. Higher education in Statistics/Advanced analytics/Machine Learning is a plus