Software Engineer - Backend Technologies - IS&T
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. How does Apple connect with over a billion customer devices around the world? How do our employees connect with each other, and all of our suppliers? The answer is Apple’s nerve center: IS&T, a collection of engineers, designers, and creators forming over 70 teams, each of which innovate and develop solutions that have an impact on the lives of everyone who uses our products and services. From Apple ID to the Apple website to our data centers around the globe, IS&T manages the massive systems and services that so many rely on. They also build the custom tools that empower our employees to solve problems on their own. And that means these engineers are free to do what engineers do best—explore all of technology’s possibilities. Apple's IS&T team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to build the next generation of software services that powers several mission critical applications.
- Hands on experience with design, development and productizing highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Backend engineer with solid understanding of microservices architecture in a highly distributed environment
- Strong hands on programming experience in Java
- Experience with Relational and No-SQL databases like MongoDB, Kafka etc
- Understanding of importance of DevOps in distributed environment, setting up CICD pipeline etc
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience.
- Proven track record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules
- Experience doing Software Development using Agile methodologies
- Understanding or experience working on Cloud technologies is a plus
In this role, we look forward to your involvement in end to cycle of design, development and deployment of core services for mission critical customer facing applications. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business. We seek your contributions in this role which is more than coding. We look forward to you being involved in the complete cycle and optimizing the end-to-end CI/CD pipeline from source code to production.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with a minimum of 6+ years hands-on programming experience.