Platform Security Engineer - Ad Platforms
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. We are seeking an expert security operations engineer. This is a hands-on role that will directly interact with the Ad Platforms teams and Apple’s central information security group to protect and secure Apple's rapidly growing services businesses. The role will also be expected to work collaboratively across all Apple departments and teams to help find and contribute to the best possible solutions.
- This position will be responsible for managing ongoing security operations for our service platforms, including:
- Vulnerability management and remediation.
- Participate in environment asset and change management & enforce technical controls.
- Support the development and operationalization of critical tooling needs for our technical stack.
- Collaborate with Apple’s central security team to investigate, respond and close out on security incidents and vulnerabilities within Ad Platforms systems.
- Analyzing logs from critical systems to identify anomalous activity and develop meaningful reports.
- Logging, monitoring, and intrusion detection for critical systems.
- Maintain and build security tooling/automation for purposes such as security checks and access reviews
- Providing guidelines and secure patterns for deploying new systems and infrastructure
- Managing and auditing access and identity in hybrid cloud platforms
- Training engineers and other team members on security best practices
- Ensuring systems are hardened, configured securely, and consistently
The Ad Platforms team manages a large portfolio of public-facing and backend services which are run on a variety of platforms. This Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for tracking and resolving security issues identified in these environments and serve as a liaison with the Apple’s central information security teams with a focus on improving security. We are looking for someone with experience with enterprise SDLC and change management processes that can push changes through existing processes. An understanding of modern application and server platforms and the patterns used for solving common problems like configuration management and orchestration. This candidate should have familiarity with public cloud environments and the types of security issues that might arise in those environments. Experience working with log aggregation, orchestration, monitoring tools, and open source security software Familiarity with AWS core technologies and monitoring (S3, EC2, ELB, VPC, Subnets, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch) and security implications / remediation around each of these . Candidates should also be familiar with standard security operations responsibilities and should have at least 5 years in a security role.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters/Ph.D. (preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Computer Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.