Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The AppleCare Online team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources. As a QA Analyst you will perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities for the AppleCare web and content management applications. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. The QA Analyst will work closely under the mentorship of Web & CMS product owners. The successful candidate will be self motivated and perform meticulous testing on applications required by our partners before applications go live. It is also critical you understand the larger ecosystem and build context to be able to identify and flag opportunities for improvement. The job is located in Bangalore, India.
- Extensive experience with automation testing process.
- Deep knowledge of automation tools and techniques.
- Experience automating test scripts using Selenium, Appium, Java etc.
- Manual testing on Web & CMS applications as the need arises by our partners.
- Ability to think & execute testing from a user’s perspective
- Communicate and handle bugs effectively while executing standard fix processes
- Gather project details and communicate effectively to the Apple team for test execution
- Provide project updates, share and coordinate daily workload with Apple lead and project team
- Play the role of point of contact and be proactive in co-ordinating with the team to meet deliverables.
- Work closely with the Product Owners to understand the Business context of use cases
- Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports
- Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution
- Review and analyze test scripts
- Flexibility to work during off hours to engage with the team in US
- Follows instructions and documents issues clearly
- Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills
- High level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen
- Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines
- Proficient at balancing multiple efforts simultaneously
Experience in working on medium to large Agile projects Experience with cross device testing (iPad, iPhone, iPod) Knowledge of security & privacy measures Ability to work with technology and grasp new concepts quickly Agile test process knowledge Advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel, Numbers) Advanced knowledge of Web Browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox) Knowledge of programming and scripting language. Knowledge of either Java or Ruby along with automation tools like Selenium or Appium.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree with at least 6+ years experience in QA Testing. With the last 3-4 years working extensively on automation projects. Understanding, and hands-on experience with Program Development Life Cycle Knowledge of Apple products is a plus!