Capital Expenditures Program Manager - iPhone Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position, You will be responsible for driving day-to-day activities on-site to meet the overall program objectives and lead the overall guardianship of Apple’s capital equipment deployed on-site. You will lead on-site Capital Equipment program management functions in iPhone Operations team, act as on-site leader for resolving all critical issues from contract manufacturers and driving closure and consensus among project team members, and raise issues as necessary in timely and enthusiastic manner. You will plan, develop and execute the capital equipment deployment at contractor manufacturer sites to support iPhone manufacturing by working with cross functional teams in US and China, including budget planning, engineering design, BOM building, CTB, setup, vendor support, sustaining, transfer, EOL scrap etc. We expect you to show leadership in driving asset life cycle management to support functional and technical scope of individual iPhone projects, and regularly work well with executives and peers in iPhone Operations group and leaders in contract manufacturer management team. Strong partner management and communication skills are expected in order to influence CM behavior and setup LEAN culture.
- - Experience in other complex capital equipment management environment could be a plus, such as semiconductor, LED, solar, military, aerospace, automotive, large agricultural machinery, etc;
- - LEAN master with lean culture implementation and change management experience;
- - Proficiency using Microsoft Project Or OmniPlan at the enterprise level;
- - Proficiency using Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint, Word etc;
- - Excellent communication, partner management, negotiating and influencing skills are necessary;
- - Deep understanding of economic metrics such as NPV, ROI, etc, and their application to program management;
- - PMP certification desirable. Demonstration of equivalent knowledge is required if not certified;
- - Experience in leading different contract manufacturing and suppliers with different scales;
- - Ability to deal with rapid development cycles & remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity;
- - Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a deep understanding of manufacturing processes.
Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall program objectives - Facilitate good communication and collaboration across engineering functions, operations, and vendors - Work with cross functional teams for budget planning, engineering design, BOM building, CTB, setup, vendor support, sustaining, transfer, EOL scrap etc - Drive CM teams - for on-site equipment management, including quantity, status monitoring etc.; for equipment repair, calibration, spare parts management etc.; to maintain high traceability and usability of Apple’s assets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of program management experience Involve tactical coordination (scope, schedule & resource management) of multiple concurrent projects in a matrix environment, across multiple sites through the entire asset lifecycle will be necessary.