Risk & Compliance Manager, India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reporting to EMEIA Compliance & Risk Manager, this role has responsibility for the development and deployment of legal, regulatory and internal policy compliance programs for Apple’s EMEIA – India - operations. The individual will be a key resource to ensure cohesive communication and execution of compliance priorities and to introduce and implement compliance best practices. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- At least 10+ years working experience with 5+ years experience in a compliance, regulatory process, or other controls' function, like finance or legal, a plus.
- Provide pro-active leadership and support for compliance activities in the region (e.g. anti-bribery/corruption, export control, privacy, etc.).
- Evaluate and assess current processes to identify risks or areas of operational weakness and recommend and develop effective solutions.
- Strengthen the compliance infrastructure through process and tools adoption and compliance metrics and reporting.
- Development and deployment of regulatory compliance programs in the regional sales and distribution channel.
- Provide training to employees on Apple’s Business Conduct Policy and other relevant compliance topics and drive training initiatives throughout India.
- Participate in compliance investigations and coordinate with the business at all levels to ensure implementation of appropriate corrective and/or preventative actions to close out issues.
- Update various teams on pertinent legal and regulatory developments and compliance best practices.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships across regions and be in synch with business developments, risks and issues across geos so as to take a consistent approach.
Proven, hands-on experience with implementing programs for a large, multinational company. Strong interest in compliance issues faced in the India environment and willingness to research and understand applicable laws and regulations. Excellent project management and time management skills. Good business judgment and perfection in problem solving. Strong writing, editing, communication and negotiation skills. Proven track record to maintain and develop relationships across a large virtual team. Strong data analysis skills and relentless attention to detail. Able to conduct presentations expertly and effectively without undue tension or nervousness. Ability to maintain composure when faced with tough and ambiguous questions during presentations. Proficient in other languages would be advantageous.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or Above
- Work location :- Can be Gurgaon OR Bangalore