Trade Compliance – Customs Analyst
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail and Supply Chain. This role is part of our Trade Compliance team which supports Customs and Indirect Tax Compliance within India. The India Trade Compliance team is part of a wider EMEIA team consisting of 22 people supporting this activity across many jurisdictions.
- Interaction with Brokers: Ensure that the SLA’s as per SOW / SOP are being met. Analyze reasons for delays of shipments (as measured against SLA’s) on a weekly basis
- Ensure corrective / preventive actions are in place, so that these delays are arrested.
- Audit the Customs declarations filed by brokers on regular intervals to ensure that the declarations are accurate in with respect to HS Codes, Exemption Notification benefits claimed, value declared, duties paid etc.
- Implementation of any new Notifications / Circulars issued by Customs as and when they are issued in a timely manner
- Interaction with EMEIA team: Validate Customs duty payments made by brokers and submit weekly reports.
- Intimate all Customs duty rate changes to EMEIA as soon as the changes happen, Analyze weekly volume projections and duty requirements.
- Provide any other data to the EMEIA team as and when called for
- Interaction with Customs: Address Customs queries with respect to the shipments imported by Apple India
- Visit Customs Offices to meet Customs Authorities as and when required
- Have information on all the operational changes made by Customs / Custodians in all the major Air Cargo complexes in India
- Find opportunities in all changes in customs which would improve the supply chain of Apple India. Develop Cordial relationship with customs Authorities to ensure the supply chain of Apple India is seamlessly driven
- General: Participating/Leading projects as a key team member (upcoming projects would include application for AEO status) covering all areas of Trade Compliance.
- Developing processes and reporting in line with Apple’s continuing growth and product evolution.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the processes and systems to isolate potential opportunities for automation and simplification of customs processes and licenses.
- Liaison with the business including logistics, planning, BPR and the wider finance organization.
3-5 years proven experience Good knowledge of Indian customs laws and procedures. Excellent communication skills Strong organizational and administration skills, with ability to anticipate business needs quickly Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and results-oriented Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to last minute changes with ease. Strong working knowledge in Excel
Education & Experience
Graduate with accounting and finance. CA background would be an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- A good knowledge base of Indirect Tax laws across India
- Good knowledge of systems (SAP, Excel)
- Ability to interrogate large volumes of data
- We honor individuality, human dignity and equality. We want people to be themselves. Lets do our best work together.