Database Engineer (Oracle + Mongo)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Database Engineering Team is responsible for design, configuration and maintenance of fleet of Oracle and Mongo databases under Data Services. We are engaged in interacting with application team to understand their requirements and suggesting optimal database solution to them. The Oracle and Mongo databases are deployed across BareMetal, AWS and Kubernetes.
- 6+ Years of work experience in IT Industry
- Experience in designing and managing databases with a strong understanding of database concepts, troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis.
- Extensive experience in Oracle Golden Gate with hands on experience in deploying Active-Active Setups, Conflict Detection and Resolution, Log Dump analysis and Veridata.
- Expertise in Oracle 12c/19c Configuration and Administration.
- Experience in handling Mongo DB environments - Sharded and Non-Sharded Clusters.
- Experience in managing OPS manager, Mongo DB upgrades, Basic troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in automation/devops using Jenkins.
- Strong Unix Internals and experience in automation in one or more scripting languages - Shell/Python/Perl.
- Experience in Cloud Deployments on AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid collaboration skills.
- Experience in Mysql DB will be valued.
- Knowledge on Kubernetes is a plus.
We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals to join the Global Data Services team as Oracle and Mongo expert. In this role you will help build and run the database platform that delivers Apple services to all of its customers around the world and help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. The expectations from the job position would be: - Design, architect, build and continuously develop a high performance and highly available database infrastructure. - Use various Partitioning schemes to optimize the database performance for scalability. - Use MongoDB sharding concepts for designing scaleable applications. - Work closely with Application and Internal Infrastructure teams in advancing their strategic initiatives, operational readiness, engineering standards and designs. - Support various load tests from Application teams during ramp up period. - Support various database maintenance activities like Oracle & Mongo Database Upgrades, Patch Management, User Management and backups. - Setup Golden Gate Active-Active environments for databases within and across geographic locations. - Setup FSFO with and without Golden Gate for high availability and implement zero data loss solution. - Deploy new 19c features for high availability. - Identify avenues for automation for mundane and recurring database tasks and implement automated solutions. - Implement industry-wide best practices and daily health checks within host server and database environments. - Take ownership for fast-paced, complex and distributed database environments supporting OLTP systems across multiple platforms. - Troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while managing multiple customer groups.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience