Software Development Engineer (Java)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams. As a part of this team you will build cutting edge software service, one that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference. You should be a self starter, motivated, with exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a positive and flexible approach to problems. The applicant should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, the applicant will help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. Apple's IS&T team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to build the next generation of software services that powers several mission critical applications.
- Hands on experience with design, development and productizing highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Strong hands on programming experience in Java/J2EE building middleware or backend applications.
- Strong development experience of micro services architecture in a highly distributed environment with web services, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and SOA
- Experience with RDBMS like Oracle and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience.
- Proven track record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules
- Experience doing Software Development using Agile methodologies
- Understanding or experience working on Cloud technologies is a plus
In this role, you will be involved in end to cycle of design, development and deployment of core services for mission critical customer facing applications. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
Education & Experience
B.Tech. degree in computer science or equivalent field with a minimum of 6+ years hands-on programming experience.
- - Results oriented and demonstrates high degree of ownership and accountability.
- - Experience handling distributed vendor resources
- - Creative problem solver and excellent collaborator, who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- - Communicate quickly and effectively; vertically and horizontally through the organization.
- - Influence others to get things done.
- - Must possess excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- - Handle ambiguity and solve problems despite uncertainties.
- - Ability to lead large projects focusing on innovation, team work and results.
- - Proven track record of achieving outstanding results in professional career
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.