Manager Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Apple Cloud Services
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
People at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Services (ACS) team builds and provides systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and Maps). We are the foundation on which Apple’s software developers build the products that our customers love. We are looking for passionate and talented Site Reliability Engineers to continue our focus in providing our customers the highest quality Apple Services experience. Our services have to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work.” If you love designing, engineering and running systems plus infrastructure that will help millions of customers, then this is the place for you! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Manager, SRE in iCloud, you'll be an on a team whose mission is to build and improve Apple's most critical internet services. We're looking for hardworking and passionate people to join this amazing team. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. You will be an accomplished builder and leader of high-performance SRE teams, ready to tackle your next challenge. This role will position you to help shape the future of how we build and run our services with massive impact on a global scale. You will have the technical chops to go deep, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals. We hire high quality engineers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets for positions on Apple’s primary cloud offering: Cloud Services. The best candidates will have both proven Software Development skills and strong Linux / Systems expertise. Our customers count on us to provide extraordinary availability, scalability and security for services. If you are hungry to positively influence millions of people’s experience of Apple, this is the job for you. You know SRE and you know what it will take to run services at Apple scale with a high degree of operational perfection.
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills
- You are capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, kubernetes
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Understanding of network, routing protocols and how to run edge Internet facing services (BGP, ECMP)
Cloud Services runs are big. You will lead teams operating global services handling the requests of hundreds of millions of Apple customers. This kind of scale presents unique challenges. SRE teams at Apple own the full infrastructure stack; from device driver performance debugging to content delivery network traffic management, Your responsibilities will be both broad and deep. Your team will embody the "Startup" mentality; fostering a strong entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a better solution to a problem; document a strategy for improvement, advocate for your strategy through persuasion and socialization efforts, then carry it through to completion. Good ideas are heard and results are rewarded. You will use all of your talent to deliver and assure the high availability and performance of our services that our customers deserve.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment