Siri Localization Quality Engineer - Indian English
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The India Software Localization Quality team is responsible for designing, implementing and executing both manual and automated test plans as we help Apple deliver world-class localized software products to our International and India customers. We are seeking high-energy and detail-oriented Quality Engineer who can play a central role on our team. At Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our diverse, multicultural team.
- Outstanding Indian English language proficiency.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with virtual assistant quality engineering.
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies and processes.
- Track record of contributions to test automation efforts.
- Proven bug detection, isolation and regression skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and frequent context switching.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results on schedule.
- Strong interest in Apple and in supporting our India users.
- 3+ years experience in software QE.
Personal responsibility for ensuring the highest quality Indian English Siri experience across Apple's product line Perform manual localization and international functionality testing across Siri’s new and existing features Report issues by via internal tools and by providing pertinent and detailed information and recommendations Escalate key quality issues to help drive issue resolution Identify areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and address opportunities with innovative solutions Work cross-functional with international software QA teams, software engineering teams, translators and project managers to ensure delivery of world-class products to Apple’s international and India users
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Deep knowledge of linguistics
- Experience developing automated software tests
- Polyglot. Written and spoken proficiency in Indian languages other than Hindi and English, such as Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam