Program Manager - Maps
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The Apple Maps team is seeking a highly results-driven Manager to drive the development of next generation of maps. Maps are an integral part of our daily lives, intersecting through multiple technology platforms. The team is destined to define user engagement across mobile and desktop devices with maps at the center of decision-making. If you are passionate about solving problems impacting millions every day, this might be your dream job. You will be direct responsible for the execution of the assigned projects meeting Quality, Metric and Delivery targets. You will need have strong software fundamentals, superb communication skills and must have good analytical skills to drive data based decisions. The kind of success for which we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment that fosters creativity, collaboration and thinking of old problems in new ways. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Minimum 10 years experience in program and project management in a production environment.
- Having experience in leading large scale, sophisticated cross functional projects within a production organizations.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills are required as the Regional Manager directly interacts with Project Teams within the organization and with the vendor.
- Experience in work sizing, source- and resource management, risk assessments, quality assurance and continuous improvement processes.
- Proven project and budget management skills
- Excellent communication skills and proficient English (professional level)
Direct responsibility for the execution of the monthly operational plans. Meet KPI targets on metric, delivery and quality. Within threshold Oversight and direct authority over the project(s) assigned. Alignment of Vendor Resources. Direct responsibility for Performance and Quality Improvement Projects and continuous development within the assigned project(s). Maintain and develop third party vendor relations.
Education & Experience
MBA preferred. Bachelors in GeoScience or Engineering Degree with preferred certification(s) in PMI, Prince2, CMQ/OE or equivalent are a plus.