Cloud Technologies SRE Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas quickly have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish here. We are seeking an extraordinary Engineering Manager to focus on Scalability, Reliability and Security of a streamlined cloud platform. Our team is responsible for high availability and security of complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. In this role, you will design and implement new approaches and tools for managing availability & security of mission critical cloud applications within Apple IS&T. We are looking for practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the reliability and security challenges of the platform will be a key focus for this role. Given that the Cloud SRE space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge a constantly evolving space. Collaborating with geographically distributed engineering teams, partners and customers is key to this role.
- 12+ years' experience developing and operating infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Extensive experience with managing agile engineering teams
- Provide Technical leadership to the engineering teams
- Experienced in hiring and supervising engineers
- Ability to partner with a product manager to appropriately prioritize short, medium, and long term product/service goals
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools & techniques
- Experience with container technologies (build, deploy and orchestration)
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques (Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, ELK etc.)
- Working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols (TCP, TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Specialist in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
As a Cloud Technologies SRE Manager, we look forward to your contribution in creating, managing and integrating software to automate and secure public cloud environments. - Research, proof and develop best-of-breed technologies for reliability and security of cloud applications - Develop and support solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment - Understand and research new and emerging security attack vectors to properly implement security solutions to reduce security risks - Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments