Senior Data Solution Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple’s Global Business Intelligence Senior Data solution Engineer role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics and Engineering professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge. We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, application and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance, Sales and external partners. Apple is looking for a Senior Data Solution Engineer to join our team in Hyderabad, India. You will engage directly with key business partners to understand the business strategies and solution needs. You will drive and lead functional & technical discussions with development teams, and design all types of applications ranging from backend to frontend. You should be passionate about data and its nuances, and enjoy getting hands-on in technical solution design and development work. In Apple, we leverage a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, SingleStore, SnowFlake , Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, React, Swift and beyond. Crafting, developing and scaling around these Data technologies is a core part of our daily job. You will enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are inspired to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Experience in designing and building data driven applications that leverage high volume and range of data to improve business processes and solve business problems
- Experience with data analytics, data integration and data modelling that form the crucial backbone of data driven applications
- Expertise in RDBMS (Teradata/Oracle etc.),PL/SQL, Data modeling & ETL/ELT
- Good knowledge in Snowflake , SingleStore or similar platforms
- Good knowledge of BI tools like Tableau , Business Objects , ThoughtSpot etc.
- Experience in building, managing and migrating Cloud native applications at large scale
- Good knowledge in performance tuning, capacity planning and sizing
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Ability to manage data lifecycle, status reporting , stakeholder communication ,risk management - end to end.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Should be self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Good understanding of cloud methodologies and experience with AWS or GCP tool suites and services.
- Driven to learn business processes, analyse and understand data
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
- The following skillsets will be a plus : advanced SQL and query performance tuning, capacity planning and sizing
Deliver and support highly available, reliable, innovative data driven applications, which involve solution design along with hands-on development in data modeling and design, data induction, data processing and consumption. Provide technical guidance, direction and problem solving to engineering team members. Drive technical excellence in software development and solution design. Use and help chip in to standard software engineering processes, improve development methodologies over time Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs , data lifecycle and proactiveness to build generic solutions to improve overall efficiency. Lead/work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams Keep up-to-date on the newest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 10+ years of experience in software engineering or computer science