Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, Apple Retail
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We at the Retail store apps Cloud and Infrastructure engineering team strive to build and support tools and systems that enable our engineers to develop and publish software in a reliable and repeat-able way. Are you passionate to build the next generation of tools that becomes the foundation of our cloud portfolio? Are you a lifelong learner? Do you have a passion for building tools and automation? Come and join us in a fun-loving, highly motivated team and be a part of Apple’s WW retail journey.
- A genuine passion for software engineering with 4+ yrs of experience in scaling, improving the availability, performance of large tier-1 applications and quality of systems
- Must have in-depth knowledge in OO concepts, concurrent systems and deeper understanding of memory model in JVM languages.
- Should be flexible about languages and platforms, but have production experience with JVM-based languages in Linux
- Must have experience in Docker / Kubernetes or any other container technology
- Working Knowledge in Ansible, CI / CD tools like Jenkins / Travis CI/ Circle CI and build tools like Maven /Gradle /NPM /GoDep.
- Substantive hands-on experience building innovative, complex software, Experience with developing web services based on REST standards
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly self motivated and motivating with clear, professional interpersonal skills.
Our team builds and manage large scale web and iOS applications that are used by Apple retail store employees worldwide. As we expand our presence from Apple Data center to other cloud providers, we are looking for a self-driven and highly motivated individuals to help us in this journey - Should have the ability to work in a fast-paced, mission critical environment - While the candidate will write a fair amount of code, a lot of our work will also involve operationalizing and integrating systems to get continuous delivery pipeline kicking in. - Work extensively with development and QE team to understand their needs and provide constant feedback to the stakeholders - Identify performance bottlenecks by working closely with development team and help in crafting fault-tolerant and resilient applications
Education & Experience
B.E/BTech or M.S in Computer science or related field.
- Solid Understanding and Experience in following is a big plus -
- - AWS
- - GO
- - Relational Data Store / NoSQL technologies
- - Azure or Google cloud platform
- - Puppet, Chef, SALT stack.