Software Engineer (Software Defined Infrastructure - GNS Architecture)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! As part of the software defined infrastructure (SDI) architecture team, you'll be focusing on networking for the Cloud Platform. We build web services that work at scale to support infrastructure and security management and control. The SDI group builds infrastructure and tools for cloud platforms that will shape the future. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will contribute to every stage of development from concept to deployment. We are looking for an senior engineer to architect, build and scale a robust ecosystem for software defined network engineering. If you are passionate about innovating and building highly available distributed systems from scratch for the massive scale of our network infrastructure, then our team might the right place for you.
- Hands-on experience in building distributed systems, including real-time low latency and high efficiency systems
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages relevant for such systems (e.g. Go, C/C++, Python, Java…)
- Knowing what it takes to deploy and operate high availability production systems in the cloud
- Experience crafting service-oriented architectures and using various data stores technologies (blob, NoSQL, and relational)
- Experience with cloud computing platform like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Proven foundation in architectural design, data structures and algorithms
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Proven understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration and infrastructure as code techniques.
- Proven understanding of network protocols, load balancing technologies, transport protocols and Linux/Unix system internals.
You are passionate about solving new problems, simplifying sophisticated technical challenges and continuous improvement. In this role, you will partner with passionate teammates to engage with engineers and software developers to architect and solution highly available, secure, efficient cloud services that operate at enterprise scale. You’ll be encouraged to provide technical leadership as a specialist in cloud development. - Design, Develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable web services that enable users to interact with network infrastructure control - Design and develop network control & data plane off-box application software for highly scaled networks using SDN and traditional routing solutions. - Deploy solutions in AWS and GCP cloud technologies. Scale and optimize cloud platforms, while keeping costs and efforts sustainable - Streamline, automate and consolidate sophisticated infrastructure - Influence and lead cross-functional initiatives that will align the team towards commonly used technologies and methodologies - Work in a dynamic Agile development environment and remain adaptable to changing requirements
Education & Experience
BE (MS/MTech is an advantage) in Computer Science