Regional Distribution Manager-East
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Sales and Business Development
RDM is responsible for driving Sales-through in the region with Tier 2 partners on all Lines of business. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental ef- forts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers
- You are willing to push yourself, and others, in our fight for excellence like no other company in the world. You refuse to accept mediocrity. Constant changes in technology, market pressures, and customer needs requires that our Sales organisation has an open mind and a genuine curiosity around where things are going. You challenge even your own assumptions of what’s possible.
- As a team member you make the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing sophisticated issues into relevant ideas. You have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something extraordinary. This includes leading changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or during the end of the quarter push to meet forecast.
- See around corners and look beyond just today. You have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within a company. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- Can orchestrate across teams to execute on sophisticated business plans and balance resource allocation for our partners, channel and end customers. You run effective sales forecasting processes, ensure pipeline velocity, account planning and business reviews.
- Unlock the potential of every relationship and do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of specialists at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people within Apple and large customer or partner organisations.
- Apple holds individuals in Sales to the highest standards in the way we do business. You will exemplify and reinforce Apple’s business ethics for those within the organisation and beyond. We always do what’s best for Apple.
Develop and execute sales plan RDS and select retailers for the specific region that you are responsible for all line of products. Develop & Execute Tier 2 Distribution – Capacity, Business Tools, Resources, Investments, Promotions through constant innovations. Key responsibilities include ; Sell through and inventory management across all RDS partners/Retailers as per quarterly defined norms for applicable LOBs. Deliver roles and responsibilities of RDS partners as defined in channel policies and procedures. Deliver sales plans for each LOB as per aligned country plan on a quarterly basis. Jointly develop quarterly business plans including regional marketing initiatives and drive quarterly business review process with partners. Forecasting and maintaining adequate inventory norms at POS level would be a joint accountability with Sales team. Effective collaboration with central functions such as SP&O, Sales finance, Demand Generation, Affordability, Assisted Sales and Business managers for various product lines. Work with training resources to ensure adequate levels of product knowledge are maintained within each partner.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Solid understanding of high-tech consumer electronics related retail business
- Proven Sales leadership experience in the retail/high-tech consumer electronics environment
- Experience in managing retail channel sales
- Able to understand in detail and analyses in detail on business forecast from business partners
- Able to execute marketing activities with business partners
- Effectively work with/manage customers/partners in all levels
- APPLE VALUES
- Ability to work well in groups and without routine direct supervision.
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- Deliver more than the customer expects.
- Be diligent and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanour.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.