AI/ML - Language Engineer (India), Siri Understanding
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Machine Learning and AI
Join the team in India that engineers Siri and cloud based services for international markets. Our team is primarily responsible for making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. Teaching Siri how to understand and speak new languages is the main goal of our team, together with designing and implementing a highly locally customized experience for our users. We are a deeply diverse and hardworking group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer, with strong software engineering skills and high sensibility for foreign languages and cultures.
- Native speaker fluency (or comparable) in English Language and knowledge of additional major Indian Languages is an asset.
- Strong Software Engineering Fundamentals.
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented programming language.
- Experience with one or more version control systems.
- Practical experience building highly scalable and production quality applications.
- Strong Java/C/C++, shell scripting skills
- Analytic mindset and obsession for data.
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills and getting-things-done demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, team player mentality and collaborative in nature.
We are looking for proven track record to be creative, take ownership of a project, an outstanding technical expertise, and a knack for solving problems that stump most engineers. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired. This is an opportunity to durably craft the future of human - computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of an up-and-coming field. Specific responsibilities will include: - Engineering Natural Language Processing and Speech components specific to your language. - Using the power of large amount of data to tackle sophisticated NLP and machine learning problems. - Leading data annotation efforts and define language specific representations, conventions and techniques. - Analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the localized user experience. - Automating, scripting and integrating workflow from diverse systems. - Providing insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market. - Developing creative solutions to sophisticated issues. - Interacting with other teams at Apple working towards the same goal; from Speech Recognition Specialists, Data Scientists and Speech Synthesis engineers.
Education & Experience
B.S/MSc in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Desired (but not required) experience/skills:
- * Proven record in shipping user facing products and features to international markets.
- * Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code under tight deadlines.
- * Practical work experience in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning or related sub-fields.
- * Consistent track record of using creative approaches for solving sophisticated problems.
- * Quick prototyping, scripting and tool development (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell)
- * Interest in diversity and cultural differences and how they affect user experience.
- * Familiarity with machine learning methods for classification, regression, or ranking problems.
- * Knowledge of Text Processing and NLP techniques.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.