Senior Data Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help improve customer experience and become more efficient at our goals. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Appleʼs Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of data engineers, data scientists and dev-ops engineers. As a part of this dynamic team, the applicant will help us build the Apple experience on a global scale.
- 7+ years of experience working in Bigdata technologies.
- Experience with crafting and building large scale data pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, MongoDB.
- Proven skills in designing, tuning & optimizing scalable, highly available distributed systems which can handle high data volumes.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient & hands-on in Java is a must.
- Good data modelling experience to address scale and read/write performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Excellent general analytical & problem solving skills.
- Experience with cloud computing platform like AWS or GCP is a plus.
- Experience with web technology stack including REST Web Services, Springboot, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
Act as a leader within area of expertise to motivate, guide & inspire teammates. Lead effort to build scalable, distributed and highly available systems and pipelines. Self directed, self motivated and detail oriented with ability to come up with good design proposals and thorough analysis of production issues. Work with cross functional teams to drive requirements. Develop, coach & train junior developers; work with the team manager and PM in estimating scope and team capacity; respond to urgent requests from executives or business needs; ensure world-class products & experiences.