Accessibility Technology - Sr Software Engineering Manager (Frontend Technologies)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a talented leader in front end engineering to help build a dedicated accessibility team in India. You should have passion, self-drive, attention to detail be comfortable with being hands-on where required, and have excellent verbal & written communication skills. We are looking for a strong background in building relationships and operational experience for this leadership role. A proven track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of engineers to draw out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be important attributes to succeed in this role. As an accessibility lead, you will have a passion and understanding of accessibility and consider it a basic human right and you want to work somewhere where accessibility is a core value.
- 10+ years experience in front-end engineering
- 5+ years experience in leading teams
- Experience of designing and developing applications in Web, iOS or macOS
- Knowledge of accessibility features built into Apple products
- Demonstrable experience of software testing and related methodologies.
- Knowledge of various project methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of a team
- Ability to communicate with senior executives and stakeholders using excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to make the hard calls when dealing with complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Demonstrable experience in building strong working collaborations
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, the team and the organisation
- Understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines, Apple Human Interface Guidelines or other accessibility standards
- Accessibility testing experience
- Are you a leader that can build, develop and retain a high-performing team of accessibility engineers and create an environment where they can thrive and succeed whilst working with colleagues located around the world? - Apple’s IS&T Accessibility and SEO Center of Excellence is a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams. The team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual, who is able to act as a leader to build out a team of Accessibility Engineers in India to support the existing team based in the UK and US. Whilst the primary role will be leading/managing employees you should have a deep technical knowledge of software engineering which will help you support the accessibility engineers on your team delivering accessibility consultancy. You may not have extensive accessibility experience, but you will have knowledge and understanding of the accessibility of Apple products and a passion for accessibility as a core value at Apple. You will be a pragmatic and trustworthy individual, able to promote the best results whilst also nurturing positive relationships with all those you work with. - Proven experience with an emphasis on accessibility would be an advantage.
Education & Experience
Proven experience in front end engineering and managing a team
- "LinkedIn Campaign 2021M"