India and Middle East Environmental Engagement Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The International Environmental Initiatives team within Apple's Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives organization, is seeking an engagement manager, passionate about partners that influence regulations in India and the Middle East. At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. As an Environmental Program Manager, you will drive sustainability initiatives and regulatory compliance on hardware products under development. Your work requires you to closely partner with product development teams to implement initiatives on energy efficiency, balanced materials, design for environment, and phase-outs of hazardous substances.
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience in the area of government relations, public relations or communications, environmental compliance or initiatives, preferably in the electronics industry
- Proven track-record leading trade associations on environmental matters, or established environmental professional, preferably on circular economy or related fields
- Expert ability to establish, develop and maintain relations to institutional and non-institutional partners
- Consistent record of navigating large or complex organizations
- Thrives in work environments that require independence
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, where proficiency in English is essential
- Open to domestic and international travel
- Background in environmental compliance operations a plus
Your primary focus will be to engage environmental regulatory stakeholders in the India and the Middle East You’re comfortable developing relationships with lawmakers, regulators, academics, non-governmental advocates, and leaders with vision. You will be expected to develop and execute engagement strategies, in close agreement with other Apple teams. You’ll be educating partners on Apple's leading environmental initiatives and programs to ensure regulatory compliance. You have a history of successfully influencing others, by demonstrating your outstanding communication skills, relationship building, and credibility. You are self motivated and courageous enough to motivate change. You are a critical thinker who enjoys working in a high paced, cross-functional, and international work environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in law, political science, communications, environmental studies, or a related field
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.