SAP SD Functional Analyst
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We seek an SAP SD Functional Analyst within the corporate Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) SAP team and will be key to our SAP Customer Engagement application space. We are looking for both business process skills as well as technical leadership skills, ability to design and implement secure, scalable and sustainable solutions. We look forward to your creating process flows, functional specifications and work with both onsite and offshore resources to build and test solutions, solve problems and resolve issues under pressure to meet timelines and present solutions to multiple levels of management. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who has the ability to own and drive initiatives and a passion to work in a highly integrated global solution platform.
- 7 Plus years strong experience in OTC business process, SAP SD configuration, development and E2E Integration Testing skills
- Extensive hands-on functional design and configuration experience, including detailed specifications for user exits, utilities, interfaces, reports, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SD functionality throughout the order to cash process, including billing and integration with CRM, MM and FI/CO.
- Three full life-cycle implementations of SAP OTC related projects. At least two implementations for a global, multi-national corporation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial to this position as you will interact heavily with business, other IS&T groups and 3rd parties on an ongoing basis globally dealing frequently with resources in different time zones.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Extremely curious - not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
As an SAP SD Functional Analyst we look forward to your working closely with Apple business and technical teams across regions, as well as external business partners and other 3rd parties. Much of this interaction will be with regional and global teams in other locations and other time zones, so superb communication and collaboration skills are key. This close collaboration is key to figure out, recommend and implement scalable & robust solutions, following Apple’s own software development and project management methodologies and guidelines. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - The role will require strong influence and persuasion skills along with excellent configuration and development skills in order to seamlessly integrate SAP SD to front end (B2B e-Commerce, Apple Online Store (AOS), Point of Sale (POS), Apple Care) and other back end solutions (SAP Retail, Data Warehouse). - Work closely with functional and technical teams (both SAP and other IS&T teams) during design and implementation of SAP SD functionalities to support different Apple businesses across the customer channels. - Contribute to project implementation by supporting business during requirements gathering to understand their needs and provide guidance as needed. - Perform functional and technical analysis of the requirements and propose appropriate design/technical solution. - Support level of effort and scoping, including careful management of change requests. - Support creation and management of project plan, deliverables, dependencies, risks and mitigation plan. - Drive the functional and technical gap analysis and ensure project scope is clearly defined. - Coordinate with project PM or Track leads to ensure that resources, budget and timeline are adequate to deliver the required solution. - Status reporting within the team and upwards to business and technical management groups. - Ensuring adequate test cycles are defined and executed to support a smooth production launch. - Handling cutover and implementation activities across multiple teams, both business and technical. - Tracking issues and leading scope of changes during warranty support to ensure a successful handover to the production support team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from a reputed school and Post-graduate optional; MBA, MS, MTech Certifications in SAP and project management are a plus.