Wireless System Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and hardworking Wireless System Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and extraordinary opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers.
- Define the test plans for wireless silicon design verification and software regression of the PHY and radio.
- Execute test campaigns, analyze results, and generate performance and status reports
- Identify, root-cause and debug issues found
- Debug and extend the Python based bringup, integration, and debug environment.
- Debug and extend the Python based characterization, regression and reporting framework
- Bringup and validate algorithms on real silicon alongside PHY, MAC, RFIC and digital circuit designers.
This is an individual technical contributor role that requires industry experience in testing of wireless silicon within wireless communication systems. Understanding of communication theory and key metrics like EVM and sensitivity. Experience using and understanding of the theory of operation of lab equipment (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, power meter). Experience debugging test automation including equipment drivers, debug tools, automation scripts, database interfaces, and reporting tools. Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be, 802.11ad/ay or Bluetooth/BLE. Experience executing and debugging test software in Python, Matlab, and/or C/C++
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE with at least 2+ years of industry experience