Engineering Manager, Engineering Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Are you passionate about software automation and software quality? If so, we’d like to talk to you! We are looking for outstanding, highly driven technical leader to lead and grow Corporate Systems Engineering Operations from our India location. Corporate Systems Engineering group builds and drives business solutions that enable Apple’s business functions, management and employees. As an engineering operations manager in India, you will be partnering and working very closely with the U.S. counterparts, and be responsible for devising DevOps and Quality engineering in alignment with our software delivery strategy. This role is critical for leading our India team helping deliver frameworks and automation solutions that enable software development, quality, and release. We are looking for a strong hands-on leader to grow and manage engineering operations in India for corporate systems products.
- Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done.
- 10+ years experience in software operations, quality, development engineering, with at least 3 years in team leadership and people management role.
- Managed and led a team of engineers (Devops, development or quality engineering), and experience working with vendor contractor resources.
- Proven track record of leading teams focused on DevOps, large scale CI/CD automation, building tools, and/or enabling software quality.
- Be very hands-on in automation design, development and implementation.
- Experience in scripting languages (perl, PHP, Phython, or similar), Java, etc.
- Strong in analytical problem solving and looking beyond what’s obvious.
- Must have implemented and applied Continuous Integration (CI) successfully.
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Docker or similar technologies.
- Cloud implementation / automation experience desirable.
- Linux platforms, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
- Experience on Mac OS, iOS (mobile apps) desirable. Cloud based technologies a plus.
- Experience tracking, reporting issues, bugs & third-party issues etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- See your self working in a fast paced environment.
- Effective collaboration with global teams, development managers and other teams to organize responsibilities, and to drive strategic initiatives.
You will be responsible for driving engineering operations solutions and supporting development activities from India, while working closely matrixed with U.S. based managers and teams. In this role, a successful candidate would help lead efforts in automation, DevOps, Quality, release engineering, etc., and working to build relationships off-shore vendor to help drive efficiencies. This role partners closely with respective leaders in the U.S., in driving devops and quality outcomes. You will also help build teams, and attract & expand engineering talent for Corporate Systems Engineering in India. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven leadership experience. This position requires an individual to be able to manage a team and work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate testing efforts for complex client and server feature sets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent.