Software Quality Engineering Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas quickly have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish here. Do you want to be part of a team that builds cutting edge software service, a team that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference? If so, bring your passion and talent and come join us to be part of something big and amazing. Apple's IS&T team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to build the next generation of software services that powers several mission critical applications. We are looking for leader in Software Quality Engineering who strongly believes in “good enough is never enough” to take our capabilities in automation, tools, process, and effectiveness to the next level. We look forward to your management, technical leadership, and providing strategic direction to the quality engineering team. To be successful, you must have a passion for quality, a knack for identifying and implementing innovative automation solutions and a passion for collaborating with all product partners to deliver quality through standard methodologies in software development
- 8+ years industry experience developing and testing large scale customer-facing internet systems with complex distributed integrations
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering/quality engineering teams
- Good experience working with Java and related technologies
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to come up with innovative solutions to software testing challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the team and external partners
- Expertise with Restful web services, relational and non-relational databases.
- Deep knowledge of cloud native and related technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Strong background in designing and delivering automation solutions
- Strong understanding of performance engineering concepts, and tools; influence architecture and design decisions.
- Experience with Web UI testing frameworks like Selenium, Protractor and API testing frameworks like REST Assured.
- Good understanding of DevOps tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Ansible and CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- Ability to act as a technical leader to increase production uptime through process and automation, increase test coverage through automation, reduce customer-impacting defects, identify high risk/reward opportunities and make informed risk-based decisions maximizing chances of success and promote software testing standards and mentor engineers in the team.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, we look forward to your building, developing, and retaining a high-performing team of quality and software engineers and create an environment where they can thrive and succeed. We seek great relationship management and partnership and ability to collaborate with management and engineering leadership, developers, quality engineers, EPMs and SREs who take pride in building outstanding scalable solutions. While the primary role is leading/managing employees, we are also looking for your deep technical knowledge on distributed systems and cloud computing, platform as a service, microservices architecture, and ability to understand and respond to peer teams' needs. It is also expected that you have good experience working with short release cycles, do not hesitate to code, and actively participate in design and code reviews. We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Define quality and automation KPI goals for the team and drive success towards achieving them. - Assess and communicate release readiness to all project status partners in a timely manner. Drive issue resolution. - Refine and expand existing test automation infrastructure and strategies with a focus on configurability, scalability, low complexity and reuse. - Define automation standard methodologies for team and mentor junior team members on automation techniques and technology. Perform peer code reviews - Champion the best software testing practices within the team and evangelize across the organization, software development practices that improve software quality. - Be hands on. Participate in various testing activities, including manual testing, automating test cases and solving issues. - Track and communicate release readiness, identify any gaps, and consistently assess new and innovative ways to improve automation solutions. - Excited about building automation infrastructure that is stable, maintainable, and scalable enabling automation at pace with product feature development.
Education & Experience
BE / B.Tech or Masters Degree in Computer Science from a reputed school
- Experience with Databases is a plus.