Senior Software Engineer - Data
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Maps team is developing tools to analyse, visualise, process, manage and curate data at large scale. We are looking for engineering leads who can be part of the team building an extensive, scalable, distributed systems that process geospatial data at scale to power our products.
- 6+ years of proven experience working in a software product development organisation building modern and scalable big data applications
- Expertise with functional programming, preferably Scala
- Proficiency in Hadoop technologies and big data processing technologies, e.g. Spark, YARN, HDFS, Oozie, Hive
- Experience implementing RESTful web-services in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience in information retrieval and machine learning
The Maps team is developing tools to analyse, visualise, process, manage and curate data at large scale. Our team combines disparate signals such as data analytics, community engagement, and user feedback to improve the Maps Platform. On any given day you may be asked to analyse large data sets to identify errors in the map, design and implement a sophisticated algorithm for resolving the issue, review the solution with a team of engineers and analysts, and integrate the resulting solution into the data processing pipeline. We are looking for engineers who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform. Successful candidates will have outstanding engineering and communication skills, as well as a belief that data-driven feedback leads to great products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Familiarity with Geospatial concepts is a plus