System EPM - Technology Development Group (TDG)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an experienced, highly technical EPM to join the team driving definition and development of a new product category. If you have broad experience across various key hardware technologies (e.g displays, cameras, RF, custom silicon), a strong product/customer focus, experience guiding complex programs through the development process, and the ability to distill tradeoffs down to key factors and drive critical product decisions we’d love to hear from you!
- Understanding of consumer electronics system architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work through system-level development tradeoffs.
- Developed skills for planning and executing development in advanced consumer electronics products - both prototype build events and overall product planning.
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering.
- 7+ yrs of relevant hardware engineering experience in consumer electronics.
- 5+ yrs of project management experience.
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; good critical thinking capabilities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate well in an environment with rapid development cycles and constant change.
- Experience as primary point of contact with vendors and CM partners to establish a daily build plan, provide clear direction and guidance to meet the program and build objectives.
- Willingness to travel internationally to support development builds.
As a System EPM, you will work closely with mechanical, electrical, algorithm, and software teams in TDG and across the company to define and develop highly optimized hardware products. You will be responsible for: Driving the development of system requirements based on experience targets and technology constraints. Identifying the most critical questions and organizing teams to find efficient ways to get answers. Understanding the link between technical decisions for the system and customer experience and communicating impacts clearly and concisely.
Education & Experience
EducationBS/MS CE/EE/ME or equivalent work experience