Core OS - Display Device Driver SW Engineer
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices! The Core AV team in Core OS is responsible for device drivers and firmware for DP and HDMI displays. We are looking for talented individuals who enjoy creating device drives and working with FW.
- Experience with writing and debugging complex drivers and related frameworks.
- Experience with device driver development.
- Knowledge of C and C++.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for maintenance and development of device drivers for display technologies. Working closely with multiple cross functional teams you would be responsible for developing new features, debug issues found by customers and QA, schematic and code reviews, bring up of new hardware and ensure smooth interoperability. Work closely with the firmware teams to ensure standards compliant interfacing and helping debug SW/FW/HW issues.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.
- Preferred Experience:
- AV technologies such as HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, HDCP etc
- Remote control technologies such as Infrared(IR) and Consumer Electronics Control (CEC)
- Development experience in IOKit/macOS