Senior Machine Learning Engineer - AMP AI/ML - Search Science
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- Experience in implementing large-scale machine-learning models for NLP, online search, recommendation, ads ranking, or personalization etc.
- Experience in deep learning
- Technical leadership in machine learning.
- Experience working with search relevance and ranking algorithms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
- Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
The AMP Search team powers search for iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, Books and more on iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, web browsers, 3rd party devices, and Windows. As a machine learning engineer on the Search Science team, you will have many responsibilities. On this team we build machine learning models for search relevance, ranking and query understanding problems. We perform hands-on analysis and modeling with enormous data sets to develop insights and run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of our optimizations, and communicate your results to various business stakeholders. Collaborate with Applied researchers and engineers to constantly test customer facing changes to our underlying algorithms and models. You will use big data technology to evaluate and prioritize content discovery features and conduct AB Tests to ensure we objectively measure improvements. You will ensure successful deployment of features, code, data, and models to production. Our team designs & implements solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery and collaborates with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure that features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels. We think through complex research problems, simplify where necessary, and invent when needed, to drive a vision from thought to reality. We support search on all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod, and more) globally in languages from Arabic to Russian and everything in between. You may even be asked to present key technical and novel research work in public forums!
Education & Experience