Connect Localization Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. The diversity of those people and their ideas encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Would you like to be part of a team which sees ideas come to life and turns innovative products and services into amazing international customer experiences for our global markets? We are seeking a seasoned and highly motivated Localization Project Manager (LPM) to join our Server UI Localization team in the international Services organization which supports Apple Media Products (App Store, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts, Fitness+, News), Apple Cloud Services, Maps, and Identity Services. As a Connect UI LPM you will lead a wide variety of localization projects mainly on the Web. You will closely collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across Engineering, QA, Design, Product, Marketing, Legal, and more. The right mix of linguistic, technical, and interpersonal skills is the key to success as you will lead localization and QA efforts in up to 40 languages simultaneously.
- 3-5 years solid hands-on experience in localization project management and localization quality testing.
- Technical understanding of software development and QA cycles.
- Hands-on experience with localization CMS, CAT/MT/ML, tasks and resources management tools, and bug tracking systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to work with cross-functional partners.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture and to manage some ambiguity.
- Proven track record to independently manage deadlines.
- Results-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to maintain this outlook in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong familiarity with Apple ecosystem (hardware, software and services).
- Native-level proficiency in another language besides English and inclusive knowledge of other cultural norms.
- Strong aptitude for analyzing and creating strategies to improve tools, workflows, and processes.
- Familiarity with QA automation scripts and protocols.
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR.
Join the Services UI localization team and help deliver high quality features to our customers worldwide. Our engineering schedule is fast-moving on the server side, and our extensive scope provides self-motivated individuals with plenty of opportunities to work on highly visible projects to deliver an outstanding user experience across all platforms and markets. We are looking for an inquisitive, articulate, and inventive individual with a real passion for culture, arts, community, and technology. Ideally, you are enthusiastic, flexible, able to multitask and to maneuver through ambiguity to provide the highest quality localized experience across new launches or sustained updates and expansions into new markets and languages. This is a hands-on role where you will lead UI features localization efforts through the software development lifecycle from gathering final copy, getting it translated and reviewed, then tested in-context including various rounds of bug fixes and escalations to appropriate teams for resolution. As our team continues to invest in Localization QA automation, you’ll be able to build and adapt scripts to generate screenshots and speed up your review cycles. Responsibilities Include: -End-to-end planning and management of localization projects to ensure timely deliveries of UI features with the highest quality. This process includes adhering to stringent security and confidentiality requirements while collaborating with both external and internal partners. -Overseeing translation and QA tasks prioritization, you are responsible for creating detailed localization requirement documents such as mapping docs and test plans which you execute first-hand before handing off to our LQA testers to execute at scale. -Collaboration across localization teams to create and maintain glossaries and reference materials in up to 40 languages to ensure consistency across our ecosystem (software, marketing, support…). -Collaboration with cross-functional teams across multiple time zones to identify best localization strategies around new and current brands. -Contribution to project kick-offs and quality analysis meetings by communicating project timelines, resources and risk management, content needs for validation, on-device testing and loc sign-off across multiple platforms. -Tracking, addressing, and escalating issues while proactively managing risk and effectively communicating status throughout the development cycles. -Acting as the primary point of escalation for queries from translators, testers, and localization peers. You also provide them with ongoing Loc QA support and feedback. Identifying gaps or inefficiencies in tools and processes in order to drive continuous improvements. -Implement and foster globalization/internationalization/localization best practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent with experience in translation/localization, project management and video content