AI/ML - Data Engineer - Siri and Language Technologies
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in ensuring the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? We’re looking for exceptional data engineers who are passionate about our product and values; who love working with data at scale; and who are committed to that hard work necessary to continuously improve. You will be expected to optimally partner with upstream engineering teams and downstream analytical, ML and product consumers.
- Experience working with Spark and other distributed data technologies for building efficient & large scale data pipelines.
- Programming efficiency and hands on experience in Scala/Java or Python. Software engineering rigor and ability to write elegant, modularized and well tested code.
- Experience required in building data processing pipelines curating data for variety of stakeholders
- Experience in schema design and data modeling, SQL skills to analyze and explore data, identify patterns and draw insights.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work in a cross functional environment across multiple stakeholders and convert abstract requirements into concrete deliverables.
Partner closely with machine learning engineers, data scientists, analysts, software engineers and researchers to build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data products that feed into machine learning models, analytics, research, thereby allowing our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a self-served manner. And in using this data, you will help drive an efficient utilization of tools and processes, achieving the right balance of evaluation coverage and time invested, to deliver a perfect Siri experience. You will develop new and creative methodologies to evaluate and improve Siri, in order to execute and deliver feedback to engineering partners.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's or Master's in CS, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience in data engineering.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are Tenacious, Relentless, and Determined
- You are curious: always learning new technologies, rapidly synthesizing new information, and understanding “the why” before “the what.”
- You are self-directed and capable of operating amid ambiguity.
- You are poised and display excellent judgment in prioritizing across difficult tradeoffs.
- You are pragmatic: not letting “the perfect” be the enemy of “the good.”
- You are humble, continually growing in self-awareness and possessing a growth mindset.