ISE, Special Projects - Incubation Designer (CA or WA)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about user experience? Do you enjoy rapidly exploring and iterating new, sometimes astonishing, ideas? The Intelligent System Experience Special Projects team explores and prototypes novel and paradigm shifting ideas in system experience with emphasis on motivating future technologies in computer vision, machine learning, natural language processing, input, sense, and system intelligence. We are a new and growing team. This is an exciting time to join and have impact across our entire portfolio. We are especially looking for people who love to collaborate across subject areas and teams, and are motivated and inspired by the potential to help shape the future of system experiences across the entire Apple ecosystem.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- An excellent portfolio showcasing design work across a variety of mediums
- Ability to produce designs, sketches, layouts, and workflows and prototype them in software
- Expertise with Apple SDKs including frameworks such as: UIKit, CoreData, CoreAnimation, CoreGraphics, or AVFoundation
- Proficiency in Objective-C or Swift
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers, and designers
- A deep understanding of the Apple design aesthetic and UI
We are looking for an extraordinary hands-on designer to work across the ISE Special Projects portfolio. This role will work at all stages of incubation including ideation, prototyping, and experimentation to realize next-generation ideas. You will actively work across a diverse portfolio of projects, developing exploratory system experiences in concert with software engineers, hardware engineers, researchers and other designers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent work experience.