Production Support Manager, Apple Media Products
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products, services and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are aiming for will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Apple Media Products team is looking for a manager committed to lead our team of Production Support engineers dedicated to troubleshooting, tracking and resolving issues. This position is based in Singapore and leads an existing group of support engineers. This team plays a technical troubleshooting role for customer and partner issues in App Store, Apple Music, iTunes store, TV App, Arcade, Fitness+, Podcasts and Books on various hardware and operating systems.
- Track record of hiring, developing and leading teams.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment across multiple timezones.
- Experience with distributed systems, CDNs, software design and development, and a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Exposure to Python, Perl, Shell or any scripting language and has a passion for building tools.
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database queries
- High logical/critical thinking
- Experience in any bug/issue ticketing systems like Jira or Bugzilla
- Analyzing client and/or server side logs in tools/systems like Sysdiagnose or Splunk is a huge plus
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to learn and talk about new technologies along with a positive and enthusiastic engagement style
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
Working as part of an extraordinary team you will be responsible for managing a team of Tier 4 support engineers. The team triage issues, assess impact, check server logs, reproduce, capture device logs, determine the root cause and work with different engineering teams to prioritize and resolve issues. This role requires a combination of strong management, communication skills and the ability to build trust and reciprocal relationships across various teams. Your partner teams will be varied, including our internal Development, SRE, Quality of Service, Marketing, Project Management teams, and Apple business teams such as Operations and AppleCare.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, and relevant work experience is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.