Lead DevOps Engineer - (Austin TX, Sunnyvale CA, OR Elk Grove CA)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry–leading environmental efforts. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will be inspired. Bring your passion and dedication to this job and there's no telling what you will achieve. Join us in building best in class solutions and in implementing sophisticated software applications across the Enterprise Technologies Services teams at Apple. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible CI/CD platform. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to own and improve tooling for best of the class large-scale platform solutions to help build modern software systems. This role is primarily responsible for building and managing tools that enable software releases in a fast paced enterprise environment. We operate with on-prem, public cloud platforms. A Senior DevOps Engineer would be partnering closely with software development teams and infrastructure teams.
- Minimum 5 + years of experience in engineering, DevOps, or as a software engineering staff member, build/release/deployment automation.
- Extensive experience with container based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or EKS.
- Ability to write code in Python/Go/Perl/Powershell or similar to solve automation/glue problems and develop effective tooling.
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment and applications implementations.
- Experience designing and building CI/CD pipeline with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Salt and Kubernetes toolset (e.g, kubectl, kustomize).
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipeline security toolset (e.g Static/Dynamic Analysis and Security Testing (SAST/DAST), Software Composition Analysis (SCA) , Image/Container/Container Registry scanning)
- Modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE.
- In-Depth knowledge on AWS services including VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS, EKS, CloudWatch, S3, RDS, Route53, Sagemaker. Experience in similar services for GCP is preferred.
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems.
- Experience with software development processes such as building, unit testing, code analysis, release process, and code coverage.
- Source control management such as Git, SVN, different artifactory (e.g. JFrog)
- Experience on Mac OS, iOS (mobile apps) desirable.
- Experience with modern observability/monitoring systems such as ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Dynatrace, Datadog.
- AWS Cloud Architect and/or Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certifications are highly desired!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with large development teams.
Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline for Application development teams. Collaborate across teams to improve build, integration & release process. Develop and maintain services and integrations for Apps Services CI/CD pipeline. Maintain and administrate dynamic K8s/Linux/Unix/macOS build farm. Ability to participate in an after hours on-call rotation schedule.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.